Dentures in Mount Vernon
TYPES OF DENTURES
Full Dentures – Full dentures are used to replace all of the upper or lower teeth. Dentures can be either removable or secured with dental implants. Patients who opt for implant supported dentures are typically more satisfied with their restoration than those who choose removable dentures.
Benefits of implant-supported dentures include:
- Secure fit, no chance of slippage
- Improved health of bone and gums
- Healthier diet, no food restrictions
- No adhesives needed
- Highly aesthetic appearance
Same Day Dentures
– If you need to have all or most of your teeth removed, you may be a candidate for same day dentures. Traditionally, when teeth are extracted, the jaw bone was left to heal prior to fabrication of a complete denture. With same day dentures, the teeth are extracted on the same day as the denture delivery, so you do not have to go without teeth.
– Partial dentures are similar to a dental bridge in that they replace several missing teeth. In most cases, a partial denture is retained by natural teeth, often supported with a dental crown. Another option is to support a partial denture with dental implants. As with full dentures, the dental implant allows for improved stability and retention.